MY FUTURE JOB

Hello everyone! Today I will tell you about my future job. As I study geography I would like to work in an environmental consultancy or in a research center. I still don't know what area I'm going to specialize in, but the glacial environments catch my attention. In addition, with climate change the ice masses have been reduced considerably, which makes it a very serious problem both nationally and globally.

Being a glaciologist in Chile is very interesting because the country has 80% of the glaciers in South America. I have done some research and there is a foundation called "Fundación Glaciares Chilenos" that publishes different articles, many of them related to the problems that affect glaciers such as mining activities and climate change.

Being a geographer in general involves a lot of research on the outside. I have never done research on salaries because I am not interested as long as I work in what I like. But the positive is that it is a very broad profession, the geographer can work with social, cultural, economic, environmental problems, etc. As long as it is related to the territory.

Finally, I must add that natural disasters also attract my attention, specifically earthquakes and tsunamis. I will be like a future Marcelo Lagos hahaha. As Chile is a seismic country, there is always a risk of disaster in the event of a major earthquake.That was the description of my future job, bye bye!





Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

A COUNTRY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

MY CHILDHOOD DAYS

POSTGRADUATE STUDIES